Served during the recording of Episode 4: Why Can’t I Wear Trousers?
- 3 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1½ cups chilled milk
- 200g chilled butter, cubed
- 1 jar strawberry jam
- more jam and double cream to serve
- Combine flour and butter in large bowl, and knead with fingers until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Stir in milk, and knead lightly to a dough.
- Flour a cold work surface, and form dough into a rectangle about 1 cm thick.
- Spread with jam on top of dough, to taste.
- Roll up dough from long end to long end, creating a scroll log.
- Slice log into 12 rolls
- Lay scrolls on flat side in greased oven tray, and brush with milk.
- Bake at 200°C for 12–15 minutes, until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with double cream and more jam.